- Traditional barriers to wellness programs
- The costs to employers of inadequate wellness, including liability claims, workers’ compensation claims, and general job performance
- The different kinds of wellness: psychological, physical, family, financial, and holistic
- Starting a program – what online and other resources are available?
- Should participation be mandatory?
- The need for confidentiality of wellness programs
- Integrating training and education with wellness and finding time in the workday for wellness
- The roles of the Department psychologist/counselor/chaplain and peer leaders/fitness trainers. What kinds of personalities are you looking for as part of the wellness team?
- Mindfulness in the public safety workplace
- Including civilian employees in the program
- Metrics for success of a wellness program
Sergeant Loses Lawsuit Over Release Of Polygraph Report Containing Sexual History
A sergeant referred to in the court’s opinion only as Jane Doe works for the Mansfield Police Department in Ohio. Doe supervised Officer Freeman Nixon. Two events led to the breakdown of their relationship. First,