[jwplayer file=”007_first_thurs.m4a?Expires=1565815493&Signature=Jo4N4qIq2Z-~oTjEgvisKnXMAYllNhL~pDo-PxvLUJNt3IZ-8Tq37C-TAZ4YnDw2CXrWcqyrjkQeS039cJEIqB2zlES0bN1lYe3RD8R7a~s-juqqvB-MsOCQ0RJ2qxwSga11jYK5veAvS4A1yePqDYv5a7DifjesVFTD4MJLcug_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJIHMHD36AUGYELAQ” streamer=”rtmp://s237mamheirpem.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/” provider=”rtmp” image=”http://www.lris.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/first_thursday.jpg”]
Download the podcast (Use this link to listen on Apple devices)
Due to summer vacation, this month’s First Thursday was a week late (hey, we all need to recharge our batteries). But don’t worry, it’s still chock-full of useful information!
Featured in this month’s podcast:
- A round of decisions on what’s mandatory for bargaining that cover topics including insurance, vehicles, assignments, vacations, fitness for duty and hours of work.
- A decision out of California requiring the City of Los Angeles to arbitrate a grievance requiring furloughs
- A decision by the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission entitling union to see the sick leave records of supervisors
- The interplay between Garrity and Weingarten
- An order not to leave – when is it a Fourth Amendment ‘seizure’?
- The strange world of First Amendment law under Garcetti