Each month, Will Aitchison discusses recent news stories, legal decisions and economic developments that impact public safety employees and employers, union and management representatives, and attorneys involved with public safety labor and employment law.
Featured in this month’s podcast:
- A review of contract negotiations with the nation’s three largest cities New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- Massachusetts to pay $2.1 million to settle state trooper overtime suit
- No constitutional ban on raising pension contributions for firefighters, Taylor v. City of Gadsden, 2014 WL 4548614 (11th Cir. 2014)
- Toledo not allowed to unilaterally modify contract provisions, Toledo Police Command Officers’ Association v. SERB, 2014 WL 4824268 (Ohio App. 2014)
- No second try for employer in drug case, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation v. California State Personnel Board, 2014 WL 4723329 (Cal. App. 2014)
- Union Loses Request For Tro To Stop Investigation Of President, State Troopers Fraternal Association of New Jersey, Inc. v. State of New Jersey, 2014 WL 4495130 (3rd Cir. 2014)
Download the podcast (Use this link to listen on Apple devices)