In this month’s podcast, Will talks about the influence of American Legislative Exchange Council and various anti-public safety union bills it has created that are working their way through state legislatures across the nation.
He also covers the following cases:
- Heart-lung presumption does not require proof that disease caused condition, Di Luzio v. City of Santa Fe, 2015 WL 178396 (N.M. App. 2015)
- Retroactive application of California’s new pension limitations, Deputy Sheriffs’ Association of San Diego County v. County of San Diego, 2015 WL 273138 (Cal. App. 2015)
- Union, not firefighter, has right to challenge discipline in arbitration, Woods v. City of Berwyn, 2014 IL App (1st) 133450 (2014)
- Union’s lawyer disqualified from arbitration panel, City of Waterbury v. Connecticut Alliance of City Police, 2014 WL 7647778 (Conn. Super. 2014)
- Police chief loses free speech claim in post-Garcetti/Lane world, Gibson v. Kilpatrick, 773 F.3d 661 (5th Cir. 2014)