This month’s podcast features an overview of the anti-public safety collective bargaining legislation making its way in various state houses across the country and an important new genetic information discrimination case involving a firefighter.
- Firefighter Wins Age Discrimination, GINA Claims, Lee v. City of Moraine Fire Department, 2015 WL 914440 (S.D. Ohio 2015)
- Firefighter Loses ADA Case Because Discrimination Occurred Before Change In Law, Kennedy v. Gray, 2015 WL 1283541 (D.D.C. 2015)
- Officers Can Win Termination Arbitration And Lose Certification, Fraternal Order of Police Metro Transit Police Labor Committee, Inc. v. Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, 2015 WL 1019650 (4th Cir. 2015)
- No Defamation Lawsuit For Statements Made In Disciplinary Investigation, Fiore v. Town of Whitestown, 2015 WL 600761 (N.Y.A.D. 2015)
- FDNY ‘Black Sunday’ Firefighters Allowed To Bring Safety Claims, Stolowski v. 234 East 178th Street LLC, 2015 WL 869346 (N.Y. A.D. 2015)