In this month’s First Thursday podcast, Will reviews an important Brady decision out of Texas and cases involving Weingarten, Garrity, police officer bill of rights, presumptive causation and protected speech.
- Major Brady Case From Texas, Brown v. Nero, 2015 WL 5666172 (Tex. App. 2015)
- Questioning About Use Of Force Incident Triggers Weingarten Rights, New York State Correctional Officers, 48 PERB ¶ 4546 (NY PERB ALJ 2015)
- How The Two-Part Test For Garrity Applies To Field Interviews, People v. Grabowski, 16 NYS 3d 434 (NY Sup. 2015)
- Presumption That Prostate Cancer Caused By Job Rebutted By Employer, Haskins v. Kern County Employees’ Retirement Association, 2015 WL 5682424 (Cal. App. 2015)
- Bill Of Rights Does Not Apply To Independent DA Investigation, Lopez v. City of Scotts Valley, 2015 WL 5692369 (Cal. App. 2015)
- Complaint About Chief’s Affairs Not Protected Speech, Young v. Township of Irvington, 2015 WL 6123228 (3rd Cir. 2015)