In this month’s podcast, Will discusses the reasons why police and fire personnel have lower health care utilization than civilian employees. He also covers the following cases.
- Boston PD Rank-Ordered Promotions Held Discriminatory, Smith v. City of Boston, 2015 WL 7194554 (D. Mass. 2015)
- ‘Disrespectful Speech’ May Be Protected By Labor Laws, Borough of Carteret, 42 NJPER ¶ 66 (NJ PERC 2015)
- Court Rejects ‘Passive Inhalation’ Argument, Bennett v. McCarthy, 2015 IL App (1st) 143291-U (Ill. App. 2015)
- Mentioning Probationary Status Triggers Weingarten Rights, New York State Correctional Officers and PBA, 48 PERB ¶ 4602 (NY PERB ALJ 2015)
- Not All Untruthfulness Should Lead To Termination, Wetherington v. North Carolina Department of Public Safety, 2015 WL 9257697 (NC 2015)