The persistence of the recruitment and retention crisis in public safety.
- A California city offered a $75,000 bonus to new cops. These departments are trying to keep up.
- Some small towns in America are disbanding police forces, citing hiring woes.
- When Is An Employer Liable For Pre- And Post-Shift Work? Perry v. City of New York, 2023 WL 5490572 (2nd Cir. 2023).
- Officer Had Due Process Right To Review Third-Party Video Before Interview, City of Akron, 23-2 ARB ¶8218, (Goldberg, 2023).
- The Key Elements Of A Past Practice, City of Easton, 55 PPER ¶ 3 (Penn. LRB Hear. Off. 2023).