- Traditional barriers to wellness programs
- The costs to employers of inadequate wellness, including liability claims, workers’ compensation claims, and general job performance
- The different kinds of wellness: psychological, physical, family, financial, and holistic
- Starting a program – what online and other resources are available?
- Should participation be mandatory?
- The need for confidentiality of wellness programs
- Integrating training and education with wellness and finding time in the workday for wellness
- The roles of the Department psychologist/counselor/chaplain and peer leaders/fitness trainers. What kinds of personalities are you looking for as part of the wellness team?
- Mindfulness in the public safety workplace
- Including civilian employees in the program
- Metrics for success of a wellness program
First Thursday, March 2023
Portland survived Winter Apocalypse 2023! This month’s cases: Firefighter Entitled To Unemployment Benefits After Firing For Use Of Medical Marijuana, City of Waterbury, 216 Conn.App.