This book is considered the bible of police officer labor and employment law. The previous seven editions have sold tens of thousands of copies.
The new edition features:
- New chapters on body cameras, social media and legal issues posed by COVID-19.
- A complete revision of the chapter on free speech.
- Wholesale revisions to chapters on the rules produced by Brady, Garrity, and Weingarten.
- Expanded treatment of several discrimination topics, including discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and pregnancy.
- Links to electronic copies of dozens of new court decisions.