- The basics of the Americans With Disabilities Act, the conditions covered by the ADA, and an employer’s reasonable accommodation obligation.
- How the ADA interrelates with the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Genetic Information Discrimination Act, state and local laws, and obligations under a collective bargaining agreement or memorandum of understanding.
- When can an employer legally require a fitness-for-duty evaluation?
- Privacy and medical information.
- Facts and figures – what does the hard evidence show about public safety employees and life expectancy, heart disease, pulmonary disorders, depression, suicide, PTSD, sleep disorders, and other conditions.