- Traditional barriers to wellness programs
- The costs to employers of inadequate wellness, including liability claims, workers’ compensation claims, and general job performance
- The different kinds of wellness: psychological, physical, family, financial, and holistic
- Starting a program – what online and other resources are available?
- Should participation be mandatory?
- The need for confidentiality of wellness programs
- Integrating training and education with wellness and finding time in the workday for wellness
- The roles of the Department psychologist/counselor/chaplain and peer leaders/fitness trainers. What kinds of personalities are you looking for as part of the wellness team?
- Mindfulness in the public safety workplace
- Including civilian employees in the program
- Metrics for success of a wellness program
First Thursday Podcast
Our monthly First Thursday podcast features a roundup of public safety labor and employment legal decisions as well as news events and economic trends relevant to public safety employers, employees, and their legal representatives.
LRIS keeps an up-to-date library of public safety labor agreements from across the country. Filter results by state, department type, rank, or size of jurisdiction.
Got a sticky issue you need help with? Let us know about it. We'll do our best to answer your question or point you in the right direction.