LRIS offers a wide range of seminars designed for any individual involved in public safety labor relations. Each year, more than 1,000 people attend our seminars, including chiefs, representatives of labor organizations, personnel and labor relations specialists, attorneys, and rank-and-file law enforcement officers and firefighters.
At LRIS, we make the following commitments about our seminars:
- You will always receive the latest, most up-to-date information.
- Our speakers, who we recruit on a nationwide basis, will be professionals with years of experience in personnel and labor issues.
- Our program will always have a balance of management and labor speakers, all of whom will have prepared extensive written materials.
- Our seminars will be held in comfortable, reasonably priced hotels located in cities which are enjoyable to visit.
Our upcoming seminars:
April 20-22, 2022
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Wellness Programs And The Law – ADA, FMLA, GINA
- Understanding PTSD And Resilience In First Responders
- The Different Types Of Wellness, From Physical To Financial
- Metrics For Success Of A Wellness Program
- Model Wellness Programs Across The Country
June 1-3, 2022
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Recent Legal Developments In Law Enforcement
- Discipline For Social Media
- Collective Bargaining Strategies And Tactics
- Freedom Of Speech Issues For Police Officers
- FLSA, Garrity, Brady, Miranda, Weingarten & Loudermill
September 21-23, 2022
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Recent Legal Developments In Public Safety Labor
- Past Practice And Its Impact On Bargaining
- Social Media Rules And Free Speech Issues
- How An Arbitrator Looks At Grievances
- Principles Of Just Cause And Disciplinary Grievances