- Traditional barriers to wellness programs
- The costs to employers of inadequate wellness, including liability claims, workers’ compensation claims, and general job performance
- The different kinds of wellness: psychological, physical, family, financial, and holistic
- Starting a program – what online and other resources are available?
- Should participation be mandatory?
- The need for confidentiality of wellness programs
- Integrating training and education with wellness and finding time in the workday for wellness
- The roles of the Department psychologist/counselor/chaplain and peer leaders/fitness trainers. What kinds of personalities are you looking for as part of the wellness team?
- Mindfulness in the public safety workplace
- Including civilian employees in the program
- Metrics for success of a wellness program
LRIS Labor And Employment Seminars
LRIS offers a wide range of seminars designed for anyone involved in public safety labor relations.
At LRIS, we make the following commitments about our seminars:
- You will always receive the latest, most up-to-date information.
- We recruit our speakers on a nationwide basis, and they have years of experience in personnel and labor issues.
- We also provide extensive written materials to our attendees.
- Our seminars are held in comfortable, reasonably priced hotels located in cities that are enjoyable to visit.